Ex-police commissioner blasts Nadia Bartel over sniffing video

on

|

views

and

comments

[ad_1]

A former Victoria Police commissioner has labelled the WAG’s actions “stupid”, and warned the influencer could send a dangerous message.

A former Victoria Police Commissioner has labelled Nadia Bartel a “moron” after video emerged of her snorting white powder.

He also called for police to reopen their investigation into the Melbourne influencer, arguing it could send a concerning message about drug use.

Kel Glare served as Victoria’s Police Commissioner from 1987 to 1992 and slammed the actions of Ms Bartel and her friends who were present at the illegal gathering.

“Not many people are stupid enough to have themselves filmed doing an illegal act. You’ve got to be something of a moron to do that,” he told the Sunday Herald Sun.

Ms Bartel and three other women were fined $5452 for taking part in the illegal gathering on September 2.

However, despite initial reports Ms Bartel was co-operating with authorities, Victoria Police Commissioner Shane Patton said there would be no criminal charges over the white powder she was filmed snorting.

“We have been unable to determine what the substance on the plate was,” he told ABC Radio on Thursday.

Mr Glare told the Sunday Herald Sun the decision not to charge Ms Bartel “sets a bad example” and could send the message that you can take illegal drugs but just don’t get caught with it”.

But he said it can be difficult for police to prove illegal drugs were involved when there was no substance available to test.

Ms Bartel has been keeping a low profile this week and hasn’t posted on Instagram since releasing her apology over the video.

The clip showed Ms Bartel at a home gathering snorting an unidentified white powder off a dinner plate.

It was posted to Instagram and Facebook stories by her best friend and business partner Ellie Pearson.

Ms Person reportedly meant to share it only with her sister but posted it publicly for several minutes in error due to a “smashed phone screen”.

After the video made headlines, Nadia issued a statement via Instagram apologising for her actions.

“Hi Everyone, I have let you all down by my actions,” she wrote.

“I take full responsibility and I am committed to taking all necessary steps to ensure I make better choices in future.

“To my family and friends, my business partners and the public health workers trying to keep us all safe, I am embarrassed and remorseful.

“I am truly and deeply sorry. I hope I can earn your forgiveness and, in time, your trust. Nadia.”

But despite owning her actions, the public backlash continues with some slamming her apology as “gutless”.

Several brands have also announced they are no longer working with Nadia while others appear to be quietly distancing themselves from her.

Vitamins brand JSHealth, which Nadia had been a long-term ambassador for, has also issued a statement confirming they are no longer working with her and condemning “illicit behaviour”.

Read related topics:Melbourne

[ad_2]

Share this
Tags

Must-read

Tammy Hembrow shows off her ‘unreal’ six pack transformation

Tammy Hembrow is known for her trademark booty, but she’s left her followers floored after showing off her sculpted abs.She’s Australia’s biggest fitness...

NRL news 2021: Manly Sea Eagles police escort, Manly vs South Sydney preliminary final

Manly needed a police escort to get to its preliminary final and several NRL legends believe doesn’t bode well for the Sea Eagles.Manly...

Xplore wins $2M Pentagon contract f to speed up work on Xcraft

Redmond, Wash.-based Xplore says it has received...
spot_img

Recent articles

More like this

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here